Thursday 19 May 2016

Live Brief

I have included my main brief as a file for submission, but I won't be posting it as it is still part of a project undergoing development. I can however post my initial sketches etc so far.

I accepted this brief because it was fairly open, and gives me the opportunity to experiment a lot more with both environments and characters. I can focus predominantly with ideas instead of working towards something fully completed, which works well for me. As the project progresses I would likely be creating turnarounds for the 3D modelers as well as possible diagrams of environments which will work well in my portfolio.

Due to the nature of the brief and the stage in which the project is in, I will not have a finished piece before the deadline, but I will have initial ideas and some development to show.

For the exterior environments I am looking into riots as they often come hand in hand with supernatural rise ups. The state of the environment may depend on the type of vampires; plenty of media include vampires who would work like humans to get things back into pristine condition, but there are also some that thrive on violence and terrorising humans so both ideas would be worth looking into. I also asked about the location/architecture but so far the only decision is that it is based in somewhere like the UK or US.


Notes;
garlic
crosses (made of rowan?)

iron
holy water
mirrors
open windows - letting light through in case a vampire can invade
ringing bells

features of a safe house
not necessarily clean or used all that often
does not need to be spacious
function > form
may have been abandoned before

in the middle of nowhere?
stockpile; food, weaponry, bandages shelter etc - may need to stay a while

Injuries, war wounds? What may you do to protect yourself? Do chars have a tan b/c they go out into the sunlight so often to hide from vamps, do very many of the characters wear crosses, do some of the more eccentric ones wear garlic?








No comments:

Post a Comment