Thursday 19 May 2016

Live Brief Initial Sketches


I started off sketching some bits and pieces from the notes that I made last time since both the environments and potentially characters may use these props.

I also quickly sketched down some of the things that happen to shops etc. in riots that might make up a fair bit of the environments in this world. It felt very weird starting off with backgrounds/environment design rather than characters, so I thought that I would switch back over for a while to help me get into the project.




The brief put a lot of emphasis on exploration, so I decided to get some characters down without worrying about them too much; thinking about the stereotypes/occupations first can make it easier to the figure out how to make these things fit in this world.


At this point it was still unclear whether or not there would only be one character and how much they may be involved with the story, or if they were mostly there for gameplay. This meant that I still had time to look at a lot of different character types without worrying about their place in the world. I wanted to make sure that I still got some ideas down for stereotypical characters like the 'tough guy' as above, because they are generally very popular characters.


No comments:

Post a Comment