Thursday 19 May 2016

Evaluation

My experience on the course has definitely been an interesting one. I started off on the course wanting to design the most, and this didn't change for the duration of the course. I was at first interested in storyboarding as well but I didn't enjoy it enough to teach myself it along with everything else on the course. I didn't enjoy animating that much but I think that was in part because of the way I learn; I think that a lot more smaller character animation tasks would have gel;per me learn and made me much more interested in animation. Also not having much time to spend on preproduction or many lessons on preproduction made me not enjoy what I was animating - if we spent a lot more time in first year learning basic skills than concentrating on creating finished animations I think that I personally would have carried on. I also found that I did not have time in second year to teach myself how to model/rig along with the rest of our work which is a shame because that would have been a good skill to have with character design. I felt like I was not learning enough design/idea based skills with the course to help me keep my interest, and the more it felt like creating was a chore, the less I wanted to do it. This has helped me realise that I do not want a career in this, and I would rather enjoy and create art for myself with possibly earning a little bit of money on the side for myself instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment